The Sallier de La Tour Estate is located in the Alto Belice, a few kilometers from Palermo, in the DOC Monreale wine area. What most fascinates Tasca d'Almerita, when it decided to start the "Sallier" project in 2008, were the landscape and the cultural context: Monte Jato archeological park preserves important structures dating back to the magna Graecia settlements, the nearby town of Monreale is among the most evocative towns of the island and is famous for its magnificent medieval cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Estate is owned by the Sallier de La Tour family, Princes of Camporeale, from the mid-nineteenth century. The winery, called La Monaca, is named after the hill behind the Estate, built in 1909. The creation of the three hill lakes - still present in the Estate - and the planting of new vineyards date back to the 1940s. The first bottlings labeled Sallier de La Tour take place in the 2000s. In 2008, thanks to a project of integration and enhancement of the most suitable Sicilian wine territories, the Sallier de La Tour Estate became part of the Regaleali, Capofaro, Tascante and Whitaker Estates, reinforcing the production ecosystem of the historic Tasca d'Almerita brand.
The soil is fertile, mostly made up of clay, with a presence of limestone, sand and silt. The morphology of the estate is gently undulating, with large flat areas full of fresh soils, combined with alluvial deposits.